A large segment of our workforce lacks the necessary skills
to keep up with technological advances. Workforce training is, and will
continue to be critical to the success of every business. The Workforce Connection offers an On-The-Job Training (OJT) option to businesses located
in Boone, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties. OJT allows the business to define their own
employment and training needs. The Workforce Connection will:
- Provide the employer with access to employment resources
including labor market information and access to Illinois' largest applicant
- Test, assess, prescreen, and refer eligible
- Pay a percentage of training wages for each new trainee
for full-time permanent positions.
- Fund customized classroom training to supplement
On-the-Job- Training, if needed.
- Provide employees after-placement counseling to encourage
- Assist in obtaining federal tax
credits for your company.
These services are provided at no cost to the employer or job
seeker. Business Services Representatives will meet with employers and
establish a contract that includes a job description and training outline. Contact
RRTC to find out how OJT services can help you.